Friday 9 July 2010

Kleiner Park: Officially Under Construction :)

This week was the official Groundbreaking for Julius Kleiner Park (for all the details, see earlier posts: here & here) Construction has already started; watch the progress at the corner of Eagle & Fairview--the big field across from the shopping center :)  The park is going to be over 60 acres, with lakes, walking paths, a Senior Center, & more... 
I am creating 3 huge sculptures to be placed in the park...quite the project!  As you can see in the photo above, things are just getting started: the park will open in Sept 2011.  I will be updating once a month with areal views of the park, it should be interesting to see how things change & progress...
There was a great turn out for the ceremony; the news crew was there & the Mayor; golden shovels officially opened the construction project with the first scoops of dirt :)   I'm rather amazed to be part of such a huge project: this is the first time I've been able to watch things progress from the ground up, & be involved in the design of other areas too, besides the sculptures.  The core group of professionals (and me) is an amazingly talented team & have all been so nice to work with--it's really been a lot of fun so far....
Speaking of: check out the entrance gateway; I got to have my hand in the design, as you can probably tell; husband had to laugh at the swirly curly q's: I just can't seem to keep them out of things....ah well.  Anyway, I think its going to look pretty cool when done; I tried to hint at some of the flowing lines from the sculptures in a subtle way; there will also be some other details that relate to the sculpture too.  I'm also going to get to add my touch to some of the buildings & perhaps a few hints in the signage too: I feel really privileged to be able to be involved like this & can't wait to see it all come together :)

I'll be updating as the project moves along; at least once a month; so stay tuned...right now, I'm anxiously awaiting to hear if the wind turbines are a go or not...will post as soon as I know; crossing my fingers!!

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment