Thursday 24 December 2009

The Reuseum: Treasures & Oddities & Surplus Fun!

We finally made it down to Garden City to check out the Reuseum in it's new location: OMG--what a cool place!! The space is much larger, with everything organized & priced; husband & I spent hours there wandering through the aisles & looking at all the cool stuff. There is everything from military surplus: camo pants & shirts, gas masks, clean suits: a nice selection of lab glass, every conceivable electronics part you could every wish for, computers & computer parts, radios, and so much more.....
The place is packed with all sorts of industrial tidbits & oddities: the possibilities for creating are endless....
There are even some useful housewares; including stainless steel measuring cups & mixing bowls, all kinds of storage bins & little boxes, scales, test tubes, peitri (?) dishes, etc...

The selection of lab glass is very interesting; makes me want to turn my kitchen into a laboratory, mwha ha ha ha!

This is my selection of goodies: got some tiny bottles for jewelry, little round glass disks, some nifty industrial stickers, a bunch of test tubes (don't know what I'll be doing with them, but I couldn't resist!), a bunch of tiny light bulbs & fuses for jewelry making, & a bunch of little plastic dishes: for organizing all my loot....
And; my fav treasure of the day; this glass laboratory thingy----so cool!!
I added the colored water just for fun; was also thinking it would make the coolest terrarium ever....
Also brought home a selection of these glass measuring tube things, too much fun!

And these things! Some sort of vacuum tube type things: the bigger is about 3.5 inches tall; love it!And here are all my new treasures displayed on the mantel :) A nice addition to the big letter T (see the last post) I think the glitter & gears go well with the laboratory treasures; what do you think???
The Reuseum is located in Garden City: 108 W 33rd Street. Check out the website for hours, classes, & events: http://www.reuseum.com/
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment