Monday 16 March 2009

New Sculpture in progress

I started out yesterday thinking I was going to do a pretty small, simple sculpture: but, as usual, it's grown..... When done, it will stand about 8 feet tall.....
Some more pieces to be incorporated....the bigger lens is 5 inches in diameter.... I'm also thinking of adding some copper, maybe a cable or two, & perhaps some stainless steel....
I'm making everything bolt together; so it can be easily moved around & set up; doing it this way takes a lot of figuring & drilling, but sure makes it easier to transport. And since this one will be going into the new city hall, carrying in smaller parts will be much safer & easier....
I've got about a month to prepare some new pieces to be on display at the Meridian City Hall gallery for the month of May: it will be nice to have some other work for everyone to see at the dedication of the entrance sculpture... Hopefully, I'll be able to come up with quite a few new pieces: I've got tons of ideas floating around, but time always seems to be short: I can see some long days ahead....
Till later...
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment