Wednesday 4 March 2009

linseed oil and tankers

I have a request for information as follows

I would like information about a little tanker which carried molasses from Cantley, Norfolk and linseed oil from Holland (and fuel oil) to and from various wharves in London and I wish to trace information about them to incorporate into a record of her trading routes. In your area I am interested in Greenwich Inlaid Lino Co. Victoria Works, and Greig's Wharf area; The Mollassine Co. Ltd, Tunnel Glucose Refiners - Tunnel Wharf, Thames Soap & Candle Works (Unilever).
I am also particularly interested to find out about Younghusbands Wharf, Rotherhithe Street Lower Pool which I see on my port chart is named as King & Queen Wharf, more or less opposite Shadwell New Basin entrance lock and just downstream of Bellamy's Wharf. Also the run of wharves downstream of the Mar Dyke in West Thurrock marshes to Stone Ness which includes Anglo American oil Co, Caspian Wharf, Jurgens Ltd wharf and Tunnel Cement works wharf, all just upstream of Everards base at Greenhithe.
I would be most grateful if you could point me in the right direction for information.

No comments:

Post a Comment