Thursday 2 October 2008

New Toy!!!

Kevin, Read, & I spent about 8 hours to get this huge old lathe loaded onto the truck in Emmett, & then unloaded into Read's shop in Nampa....holy cows!! But, totally worth the effort....I bought the lathe from my neighbor's Grandpa, & Read is keeping it in his shop for me: we agreed that he can use it for as long as it's there--he only has to make a thing or two for me when I need it :)
It's an old style piece of machinery: the whole thing weighs around 4000 lbs!! Apparently, Lawrence bought it from Yankee Machine, in Boise years ago & used it a bit, but it's mostly sat in his shop collecting dust....

We had to take it apart; it was too heavy to lift in 1 piece...

So cool looking!! I love old stuff....this thing will last a life-time... After we got it back to Read's & set it up, we turned it on & it works great!!! I'm excited about the possibilities--this is definitely an investment for the future shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment