Saturday 5 July 2008

Works in Progress

We found these huge concrete things at a salvage yard; I'm proposing to make a table, a couple benches, garden wall, & sculpture out of them; we got 6!! For the table, a hefty steel base, with a planter or firepit insert in the opening; same thing for a bench. Stand one up to make a garden wall with a window... Lots of ideas; I couldn't resist taking them!!


This is one I've been working on for awhile now, on & off.... I'm wanting to have it finished up for the IBR event on the 15th, & then take it up to the Green Antelope next month... The whole thing is going to be around 14 feet tall; the gear will be suspended between the 2 curving pieces with cable. I'm also going to add a copper design to the gear for a bit of color.... It's going to be a stunning piece when all done; maybe a new favorite...


Another in progress; hoping to finish up today (at least with the fabrication...) This one is about 7 feet tall; made out of plate steel; very heavy! But is does come apart into 5 pieces, so we can handle it... There are just a few horizontal surfaces on it; I'm planning on adding an unexpected element; maybe a glass sphere, or something copper.... This one will also go to the IBR event, & then probably up to McCall...
And, this one; the red piece spins....I'm not sure yet about this one; I have some more chain to add & a few other pieces; we'll see when its all finished....




No comments:

Post a Comment