Thursday 5 September 2013

Boise World Trade Center Memorial--Sculpture Install

In between rainstorms today, we installed the finished sculpture at Riverside Park.
Thanks so much to everyone who came out to help; including ICS Cranes, Blake Trailers & Fabrication, Lochsa Engineering, Jensen-Belts Associates, & many more.
The install went very well; no real issues: we had to re-adjust the mounting bracket for level a few times, but other than that, everything went smooth.  It helps that we have all worked together on projects like this before: this project in particular is really special. 
Everyone out there today has earned my trust & respect:  &  I knew that the sculpture was in good hands; I really was not even nervous for this install: which is a first for me, lol :)
It's always a bit surreal to see the finished piece go into place, but especially so for this one: to have the opportunity to make something out a such an important piece of history is overwhelming--& I'm very grateful to have been part of the project.
There are a few more details to finish up, but you can see the finished piece anytime at Riverside Park in Boise.  There will be a dedication on 9/11 in the afternoon--will update details as I have them.
 I'm really happy with how this project turned out; really curious to hear some of the feedback--hoping everyone likes it as much as I do : )  

-Amber-

No comments:

Post a Comment