Monday 14 January 2013

My Sign-another Show & Tell

This is my sign :)
 
I realized that I never did give it a proper introduction here on the blog.  It was made just in time for it's big debut at Art in the Park, then was seen at Carnvele & now adorns the front of my little work-shop :)
It's about 5 feet wide, & not so easy to carry around, but I love it!
The shapes are taken from this year's collection of pieces & re-worked into a new design: love the contrast of aluminum & copper...  And I'm looking forward to the steel aging a bit this winter in the weather: I would love to see a bit more of a rusty patina :) 
 The whole thing is held together with nuts & bolts: I do have an obsession for hardware, lol  : )
I'm thinking about adding some tiny led lights to illuminate everything at night...but that's another 5 minute project for another day. 
For now, I love seeing it as I drive up to the shop & walking past it every morning--it inspires me to get in the shop & create more : )

This year is starting off good; busy already!  I am helping coordinate a huge company party & doing most of the decor for the event, & working on a few new trophy orders, plus lots of other stuff in the works.
Stay tuned for a sneak peek of the party centerpieces I'm making--polished aluminum trees, with hanging glass candle-holders----so much fun!

Happy Monday : )

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment