Wednesday 12 December 2012

Tis the Season of Giving : )

This morning (way too early for me, lol) I had an appointment to show my available work to a very sweet husband who was shopping for something special for his wife...
She already owns a couple of my pieces, but he wanted to get her something special for her Christmas stocking  :)
He looked at everything, & could not decide; so asked me to pick something & gave me his budget...
I couldn't help but send him home with one of my fav. ever creations: I know his lovely wife likes keys, so I know she will love this one as much as I do : )    These kinds of sales make me smile; & make all the frustration, mistakes, experiments, etc worth it: I really feel honored that someone would want to give one of my creations as a gift to a loved one.
 I also sent him home with a set of aluminum bangle bracelets---she will rock these at work... and.....
a lovely clip for her hair :) 
I just couldn't help but give him a nice discount price on everything; I know she will be thrilled & that makes me happy.

This year, I have sold quite a few gifts--both through my Etsy shop & by special request...more than I have ever sold for the holidays before...
This large wall piece is going to an old friend---I hope he doesn't read my blog, lol  ; ) 
And I know he is going to be thrilled: sometimes it's hard not to just give these things away; when I know they are going to someone who will really appreciate them....

I just shipped this cute little bio-hazard off to my cousin for her hubby today, along with another piece: same thing--I'm so happy that I get to be a part of their holiday gift-giving; it really makes me smile to think about how he might react upon opening the box ; )

If I won the lottery tomorrow; I would still make these kinds of pieces---gifts for someone special; they are my absolute favorite & I would love to be able to just give them away!

Happy Holidays.

Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment