Thursday 9 February 2012

Personality Test: revelations........

Soooooo, today I took a personality test based on the Jung/Myers-Briggs Type Indicator....
The test (or versions of it) have been around since the 60s: lots of companies still use it today as part of the hiring process.  Anywho....I am taking an online biz course: all about finding your true passion & making the most of it--the test came up in some of the discussions, so I thought I'd give it a go...

My results were, uh....., surprising--I took the test three times, just to be sure...

INTJ

Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging

According to the Keirsey Temperament, I am a Mastermind....
what???
I was so sure I would be in the Artisan catagory that the whole thing really threw me at first.  I took the test three times....yikes....

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists.

Really??????  OMG.   wtf?

 Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Well, yeah, that's pretty true...(omg)

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

Uhhhh, OK....yes, can see that....

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest.

Had to ask J on this one....he agreed: I am a perfectionist when it comes to some things...yikes...

INTJs are idea people. Anything is possible; everything is negotiable. Whatever the outer circumstances, INTJs are ever perceiving inner pattern-forms and using real-world materials to operationalize them. Others may see what is and wonder why; INTJs see what might be and say "Why not?!"

yeah, OK....lol...
I just thought I was weird...
This whole thing has really got me thinking about why I do what I do & what I want to do in the future; the direction I am taking my biz.     I was thrown for a loop at first, but after a long, solitary walk & time to think: a lot of what was said in the test made sense.   And it makes perfect sense for this new direction I am taking with the biz....

More details to come...still thinking---omg, the test is right!

Take your own personality test at:







No comments:

Post a Comment