Sunday 1 May 2011

Botanical Garden: Install #2

Today, I spent a lovely spring afternoon preparing sculptures for installation at the Idaho Botanical Garden: tomorrow I will be delivering the pieces...  I had to do a bit of welding & cleaning to prepare them for their permanent home.
This one; the Machine was out by the road in front of the house, & I had to move it back behind to shop to work on it: I'm sure the neighbors were wondering what was going on with the girl & the crane, lol
It's rather tall; over 15 feet; so I have to climb up on a ladder to hook lifting straps to the crane hook...
 The view from the top :) 

Looking back down....
The best self-portrait I could get while hanging onto the ladder with the camera, lol

After a couple hours of work, both pieces were ready to go; I just had to lift them onto the back of the truck with the crane.
And here we are: all strapped down for the ride downtown; kinda an odd looking load...
I'll be meeting out at the Gardens at 10; anyone who wants to come along & watch the install is more than welcome : ) 

ISE Cranes will be lifting the sculptures into place (my little crane doesn't have the reach to place them in the spots we have picked out)  It should be quick & easy; will probably take about an hour...


Plans are coming along for the big event on June 3rd, when the 3 sculptures will be officially unveiled.  We will be celebrating with food, drinks, music, art, entertainment & more; so mark your calendars: it's going to be an amazing evening!  Look for invites soon...

Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment